VIVA! Communications – a dynamic, award-winning, health + wellness communications agency – is seeking an ambitious and experienced Account Director to join the team in a full-time role. As the exclusive Australian partner of GLOBALHealthPR, our work spans the APAC region across Public health, Pharmaceutical, BioTech, Med-devices, Consumer health and Not-for-Profit sectors.
The ideal candidate will have three-five years of agency experience with a background in healthcare preferred but not essential. Enthusiasm, empathy, and an eagerness to learn are mandatory qualities for a team player willing to slot into our well-oiled existing team.
- Ability to autonomously manage existing accounts, build client relationships and coordinate campaign projects
- Utilise strong background in digital and social media to develop integrated campaigns which deliver on client goals and objectives
- Day-to-day account management including overseeing junior staff and suppliers
- Some experience in new business proposal development and pitching including budgeting, tender & RFP responses
- Financial management including client budgets, invoicing and supplier costs
- Team player able to work as part of a tight-knit group
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with close attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills
- Strategically focused – adept at problem solving
- Tenacious and proactive
- Public Relations/Journalism/Communications degree (mandatory)
- Science/medical/health degree (optional)
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a PR agency (Healthcare background preferred)
- An excellent understanding of the Australian &media (NZ media optional)
- Familiarity with the Medicines Australia Code of Conduct, MTAA & TGA codes and some knowledge of, and exposure to the pharmaceutical and health industry is beneficial
- Reputation -You will be joining a dynamic and growing mid-sized agency that has been in operation for over 19 years. As such, we have a long-standing and well-earned reputation at being best in class at what we do. Most of our work is referral-based and we are fortunate to choose the clients we partner with.
- Amazing team – The VIVA! team is the heart of the agency, and we couldn’t achieve our soaring success without the dedication of the individual team members. We are a relatively flat structure agency, built on mutual respect and trust, and underpinned by strong values and standards. We are a close-knit team who love what we do and support each other in delivering the best outcomes for our clients.
- The VIVA! team comprises experienced and passionate individuals who add value for our clients as they deliver innovative communications solutions. We are a tight knit team that respects and values teamwork and this enables a genuine sense of pride of when campaign execution exceeds our clients’ expectations. We work hard but also balance this with an aligned culture coordinator who ensures that we also have some fun along the way.
- Fantastic company culture & office location – Working in health + wellness means we understand better than most about the importance of work/life balance. Our cultural coordinator ensures regular team-building activities such as our weekly lunchtime Pilates classes, lockdown hampers, team luncheons and monthly bring your dog to work days. We’re also based in Mosman within walking distance of both beach and bush, within the national park.
- Growth opportunities – This full-time position is being offered above and beyond a salary package guided by the PRIA Professional Framework as AQF L9 for an Account Director. VIVA! is also an independent, local agency, so there are no overseas owners or budgets dictating operations. As such, we are flexible and open to individual growth and development opportunities based on team members performance, strengths, and interests.
Applications for this position are being handled strictly in confidence. To apply for this position, email your CV to Paul Jans, Managing Director @ VIVA! Communications Pty Ltd – email@example.com