VIVA! Communications – a dynamic, award-winning, health + wellness communications agency – is seeking an ambitious junior PR consultant to join its team on a full-time basis. A proactive self-starter who ‘stands out from the crowd’ is a must. This role is for you if you are keen build a career in healthcare PR. There is an unprecedented demand for specialist communications support in the health sector, which makes it the perfect time to join one of Australia’s leading, independent health communications agencies. This is an ideal opportunity if you are currently in the early stage of your career, are curious about healthcare and seeking your next challenge.
PR in the broader sense is the direction in which your career is heading performing campaigns that have influence on people’s lives. You are happy to work autonomously and in a fast-paced environment that gives you exposure to all aspects of the health industry. You are keen to exercise your existing skills in earned media relations, social media engagement, content development and stakeholder engagement to help communicate important health messages to the community. You are also passionate about learning and willing to give new roles and responsibilities a go.
Preferred skills set:
- Public Relations/Journalism/Communications or Science/medical/public health degree
- Strong digital capabilities, including social media experience
- A good storyteller wishing to be exposed to a range of projects enabling you to elevate your client’s messages to a wider audience.
- A demonstrated passion for health + wellness communication and willing to start on a rewarding career in the health communications sector
- A solid understanding of the Australian media
- Familiarity with the Medicines Australia Code of Conduct, MTAA & TGA codes is ideal
- Knowledge of, and interest in, the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with close attention to detail
- Strategic, analytical mind, proactive, creative, and energetic attitude
- Some experience and demonstrated involvement via internships in:
- Proposal development, media lists, brainstorming, media pitching
- Contributing to integrated communication campaigns
- Working to deadlines in time-sensitive and sometimes stressful situations
- Great MS Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must) Canva, FCP Indesign & Adobe experience welcome
- Good presentation skills, including personal presentation and confidence
- Ability to work in a tight knit successful team environment and to stand out from the crowd.
- Willingness to Interact with Management, and to contribute to, and support senior team members.
At VIVA! we offer a defined career path, supported by ongoing investment in your training and professional development, with above award salaries, great benefits, and a dynamic, creative and cohesive team environment. In addition, VIVA! is the exclusive Australian partner of GLOBALHealthPR, the world’s largest, independent PR network dedicated to health and medical communications. Beyond our impressive work in Australia, VIVA! manages campaigns & client accounts across the APAC region and on work client accounts globally.
To apply for this position, email your CV to; Paul Jans, Managing Director@ VIVA! Communications Pty Ltd – firstname.lastname@example.org.